Simplicity is sophisticated June 21, 2017 00:00
Be as simple as you can be, you will be astonished to see how uncomplicated and happy your life can become. - Paramahansa Yogananda
As I prepare to start my new dream life as a mummy I am starting to really intensely crave simplicity.
My house has become more full of stuff. My mind has become crammed full of new information. My heart is swelling to hold more love. All this extra stuff has me craving simplicity.
Keeping things simple helps to relieve anxiety in me. Too much clutter causes overwhelm in all of us - whether that be physical clutter, mental clutter or even emotional.
As we slowly transition into winter it is a natural inclination for all of us to purge and let go of what is unnecessary.
Please ask yourself - what is really important? Then let everything else drop away.
What can you do to simplify your life?
Some of the practical things I have been doing to simplify life are -
- I have been ruthlessly unsubscribing to marketing emails. This means I am not aware of all the latests trends, gadgets, must have items and am not tempted or swayed to buy unnecessary things.
- I have deleted all unnecessary files from my phone and computer (making room for baby photos!)
- I have been sticking to my non negotiable self care program. This is very important as if I do miss a day due to family emergency or something beyond my control I feel overwhelmed and grumpy.
- To conserve my energy - I say no to things I don't want to do.
- I am decluttering unnecessary things from the house - doing many trips to the op shop.
I am sure there are endless other things we can all be doing to simplify our homes, bodies, minds and hearts.
Do what feels right for you and enjoy the lightness and freedom that follows. Love is what is left when you let go of everything you no longer need.
To simplify doesn't mean to dumb down your purpose in life. In fact it helps you get more clarity on what is genuinely important and adds potency. It gives you an authentic guide on what to focus on.
'Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.' - Leonardo da Vinci